During the summer, going to the farmers market is always an adventure. The sun is usually shinning and everyone is in a good mood. This recipes includes some of the tasty bounty I was able to pick up from Eastside Farmers Market, and yes ALL of the ingredients except the evoo, salt, & pepper was purchased at the farmers market.
- 2 – 6 ounce Wahoo fillets
- 1 small read onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbs evoo
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
- Heat evoo in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add 2 cups of water, tomatoes, wine, and lemon slices. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add fish to the liquid and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Remove fish and place in a bowl. Remove tomatoes and lemon slices and distribute between the bowls.
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Crank up the heat to high and reduce the liquid for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour liquid over fish and serve with parsley.