I am going to make a statement that might piss some people off, especially folks from Georgia, but Texas has the best peaches. I am not just saying this because I reside in Texas at the moment, but because it is true. Yes they might be smaller than said Georgia peaches, but they are a lot more flavorful. And the fact you can only get them during the summer months, ups there appeal.
Even if you don’t live in the great state of Texas and get yourself some peaches this summer and make this light salad on a hot day. No need to turn on the stove or oven for this one.
- Spring lettuce mix of your choice
- 1 peach, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto (mine came from Trader Joes)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar of your choice (I used a white peach flavored made by my local Whole Foods. I highly recommend there in store made vinegar, but if these aren’t available, look for an aged balsamic vinegar of your choosing.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Core peach and cut into 8 pieces.
- Turn a cast iron grill pan on high heat and rub on some coconut oil either with a basting brush or a paper towel.
- Grill peaches for roughly 3 min on each side. Remove and set aside to cool for about 5 mins.
- Assemble salad and drizzle with evoo, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.