Fresh Mahi Mahi is a great fish to make for a special dinner. It is super easy to prepare and cook, but tastes like you made extra effort. Only you will know the truth.
- 1 lb Mahi Mahi cut into 3 or 4 fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- Herbes de Provence seasoning
- 1 tbs evoo
- 1 tbs ghee or grassfed butter
- 1 lemon
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add evoo.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- I usually put a lid on because I don’t want to cook the fish to long as it migh dry out. After approximately 4 minutes flip. The fish should have a nice brown layer on it.
- Add a light layer of the herbes de provence to the already cooked side. Also add the ghee/butter to the pan. Put the lid back on and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and squeeze the juice from 1/2 of the lemon onto the fish.
- Plate the fish and then whisk all of the juices together and pour over the fish.
- Serve with the rest of the lemon.