I ordered a rack of Pork Spare Ribs from my meat man on my last delivery. Since a new pick up is this coming week, it means they have been sitting in my freezer for 4 whole weeks which is far to long, it was definitely time to make these bad boys. But I don’t have a smoker and my crock pot was busy making chicken bone broth, which leaves the oven. Looking on the webs led me to come up with the following recipe.
- 1 rack of pork spare ribs, approximately 2.5 lbs
- 4 tbs of BBQ dry rub, I use Salt Lick Dry Rub (its Paleo with no sugar added) but you could also try this, this or this
- 2 tbs of BBQ sauce for basting, I use this one (yes it does have agave nectar but you only use a small amount. If you don’t like agave, try this one from Steve’s Original or this one or make your own, there is a good looking one in It Starts With Food)
- Rise off rack of ribs and dry well. Sprinkle dry rub all over ribs and rub in, do this on both sides. Wrap with aluminum foil and return to frig. I did this the day before I was planning on cooking them, but 4 to 6 hours would be enough.
- Heat oven to 200 deg F. Place ribs, still in there foil, on a baking sheet and bake for 6 hours.
- Remove ribs from oven and turn the broiler on high.
- Remove the foil from the ribs and drain any liquid. Bast the ribs with BBQ sauce on the top side and return to oven.
- Let cook for approximately 5 minutes or until sauce starts to bubble and darken.
- Remove to oven and let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.