Sometimes you just want something that resembles take out food, am I right? Well if you are missing your favorite Pad Thai dish, look no further. This recipe takes minimum time to put together and will make you forget about rice noodles and peanuts as a requirement for Pad Thai.
- 2 lbs of boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 2 zucchini
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup almond butter, I used smooth
- 1/3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- cashews, chopped
- cilantro, for garnish
- salt to taste (if using almond butter with salt, wait until the end to salt or you could end up with a salty mess)
- Gather all your ingredients
- Shave the carrots and zucchini into noodle like pieces using a vegetable peeler.
- Heat a dutch oven or wok over medium heat. Add in coconut oil then chicken. Cook for 4 minutes then flip chicken over, and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken from pot and add in sliced onion and shallot. Cook until onions have softened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, mix together almond butter, coconut aminos, fish sauce, and ginger in a medium size bowl.
- Once onions are done cooking, add chicken back into pot along with sauce and coat. Now add in vegetable noodles and mix everything to coat noodles with sauce.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Garnish with cashews and cilantro.