I know what you are all thinking, why didn’t you just make Almond Joys? But, aren’t we all in the Paleo Community a little sick of almonds? I mean they are in everything, right! I like macadamia nuts better than almonds anyway, so I would rather have them been called macadamia joy’s, but I resisted changing a beloved candy bar name for my own pleasure.
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs coconut butter
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 handful macadamia nuts
- 1 dark chocolate bar or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a food processor add shredded coconut, honey, coconut butter, coconut oil, sea salt, and vanilla. Process for one minute. If the ingredients are still to crumbly to stick together, process for another minute.
- Mold mixture into rectangles, mine made approximately 8.
- Press in approximately 2 macadamia nuts or leave plain.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or in microwave. I prefer the double boiler so the chocolate does not burn. If using chocolate bar, make sure to break up into little pieces.
- Take coconut mixture out of freezer and place on to toothpicks to make coating in chocolate easier. Coat each mound in chocolate and place on parchment paper. Put candies back in freezer to allow chocolate to set.
- Serve right away or will keep in refrigerator for a few days, if they last that long.