Who needs takeout when you can whip up some chicken in the time it takes for you to call and order, and wait around for it to arrive. This orange chicken in not battered or fried like the take out version, but I guarantee it will leave you satisfied.
- 2 lbs of skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large navel oranges juiced (or you could use about 1 cup of orange juice if you don’t want to juice them yourself)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbs coconut aminos
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of sriracha, depending on spicyness desired (I am not going to lie, I used store bought, but if you are feeling up to it you can make your own)
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 green scallions, sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower
- In a medium size pot, add orange juice, garlic, giner, coconut aminos, sriracha, and apple cider vinegar. Bring mixture to a simmer. (You want your pot to be a little big, since you will add the chicken later)
- While sauce is cooking, cut chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil on medium heat and add chicken in batches, making sure not to crowd the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, turn the cauliflower into rice using your food processor. I basically just cut the cauliflower into small pieces and throw into my food processor. I did not do anything beyond this, but you could heat it up in another skillet if you so choose. For a quick meal, I don’t really care that it wasn’t hot.
- Once all of the chicken is done cooking, add to sauce and stir to coat all of the pieces. Place on top of rice and top with green onions.