I love all kinds of cookies, but Snickerdoodles are especially yummy in my book. But I had to figure out how to make a paleo, egg free, almond free version. I have made the ones out of the Babycakes book and they are super yummy, but not paleo. So I came up with these. The recipe makes about 5 cookies which is prefect for not overindulging, but you could always double or triple the recipe.
- 1 cup of hazelnut flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Version)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs of honey
- 3-4 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs coconut crystals
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- Mix the hazelnut flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and then add to the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut crystals and cinnamon.
- Scoop out the dough and roll into balls, then coat with cinnamon mixture. I made mine rather large, but feel free to make them smaller.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and gently press down slightly.
- Bake in a 325 deg F oven for 7 minutes, than rotate 180 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes on baking sheet and then remove and enjoy. Trust me, these won’t last long:)