Raise your hand if you like pumpkin bread? Now what about banana bread? Well why not have both, together! This quick bread turned out better than I thought it would. I made a half batch of each batter and swirled them together in a bread pan. Unfortunately there wasn’t a huge difference between the two batters, I think that is because of the almond that is in both batters. If this was a normal (by normal I mean made with white flour) quick bread, I think the pumpkin bread would have really stood out. But not big deal, it still tasted wonderful.
I started using weight measurements for baking. If you don’t have a kitchen scale I highly recommend one for more accurate baked goods. People measure dry ingredients like flours different, and weights are the only way to get the same result everytime. Plus, how do you make a good cup of coffee without a scale? For a coffee snob like me, it is totally necessary.
Banana Bread Ingredients:
- 25 g coconut flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 10 g almond flour (about 1/8 cup) – I used almond meal from Trader Joe’s and when it is sifted the large pieces are removed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 100 g eggs (about 2 large eggs)
- 30 g maple syrup (1.5 tbs)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 150 g ripe mashed banana (about 1 large banana)
- 50 g coconut milk (1/4 cup) – I used Trader Joe’s light coconut milk, but any type of coconut milk will work
Banana Bread Instructions:
- Sift coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add melted coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla into a medium sized bowl and mix for about 30 seconds with an electric hand mixer.
- In a food processor, add bananas and coconut milk and process until smooth.
- Add banana mixture and dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix with the hand mixer for another 30 seconds or until all ingredients are incorporated.
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients:
- 60 g egg (about 1 large egg)
- 80 g almond butter (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp vanill
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spices – I used Penzey Spices
- 80 g maple syrup (about 1/4 cup)
- 25 g soften butter (about 1.5 tbs)
- 70 g pumpkin puree (I used homemade but canned should work too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 15 g coconut flour (about 1/8 cup)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Pumpkin Bread Directions:
- Add egg, almond butter, vanilla, maple syrup, butter, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spices to a medium bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to mix for about 30 seconds.
- Sift baking powder, baking soda, coconut flour, cinnamon, and salt in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with hand mixer.
Now for the fun part…
- Oil a bread pan with coconut oil and cut a piece of parchment paper to put on the bottom of the pan. This makes removing the bread later easier.
- Add in Banana Bread batter
- Then add in Pumpkin Bread batter into the middle of the banana batter
- Take a butter knife and swirl everything together
- Bake in a 350 deg oven for 40 mins, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 mins in the pan, then remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for another 15 minutes (if you can wait that long)