Oh my, it has been almost a month since I posted a recipe! I have to stop slacking. I really have no excuse since I have a back log of recipes and photos.
Any who, here is a quick and easy slow cooker recipe with lots of flavor.
- 2 lbs of pork stew meat (make sure it is pastured raised, or pork shoulder cut unto 2 inch pieces)
- 1.5 tbs sweet curry powder (I used Penzey)
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbs grated ginger
- 1 cup of tomatoes diced, seeds removed (or use canned diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 cups bone broth (I used beef, but pork or chicken would be fine as well)
- minced parsley for garnish
- cauliflower rice
- Toss the pork stew meat with the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and salt. Refrigerate overnight. (If you don’t have time or forget, not worries, just add directly to crock pot.)
- Add everything except parsley and cauliflower rice to crock pot and mix.
- Turn on crock pot to low and cook for at least 8 hours, I let mine go for about 11.5. If you don’t have 8 hours, put it on high for 4.5 hours.
- Once done cooking, serve over your favorite cauliflower rice recipe and garnish with parsley.