Here is a fast, easy, and flavorful way to cook brisket. You could use it for tacos or just eat it with some sauteed onions like I did. This recipe makes enough to feed probably 6 people.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quartered
- 5 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of beef stock
- Place beef brisket in a slow cooker. Place onions, garlic, bay leaves, and chipotle peppers on top of brisket.
- In a small bowl, mix together left over adobo sauce, lime juice, salt, apple cider vinegar, and beef stock. Pour mixture on top of brisket.
- Turn slow cooker to low and cook for at least, 8 hours (I let mine cook for 12 hours while I was at work).
- Remove brisket from slow cooker and shred with fork while removing the fat.
- Now add some of the juices to the beef and toss. I only added about 1/2 cup since my husband is not a spicy food fan, but you could add in.
- Saute some onions if you wish, or wrap in lettuce and top with salsa and guacamole.