If you have never had a Hail Merry Macaroon you are missing out. They are pretty amazing tasting. Since I live in Texas I can come by a bag of these pretty easily, but I am sure some of you are not so lucky. Well here is my take on their Strawberry Macaroons.
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond meal, I used Trader Joe’s brand
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs coconut butter
- 4 dates, pits removed
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries, I found these at Trader Joe’s
- Add shredded coconut, almond meal, coconut oil, coconut butter, dates, vanilla, coconut sugar, and salt to a food processor. Process for about 30 seconds until dates are distributed throughout the mixture.
- Now add strawberries and pulse about 6 to 8 times.
- Form into small balls.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
The coconut oil in these will make them melt in your mouth. You may want to make a double batch as these will go extremely fast!