Who doesn’t love Samoas Girl Scout Cookies? I am pretty sure everyone just raised their hands, but have you ever read the ingredients list on these cookies? It is pretty horrifying that they let little girls guilt trip American’s into buying these. I am not saying you shouldn’t support the girl scouts, but I am pretty sure you are allowed to just hand them money and not take the sugar bomb home with you.
These ones are a Paleo (well if you consider a little bit of chocolate Paleo), Gluten Free, Dairy Free alternative to the boxed version, and they are no-bake so they only take minutes to assemble.
- 1/3 cup roasted macadamia nuts, you could use raw as well
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus some additional for topping
- 1 cup of pitted dates, about 12
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, plus more to melt for the topping
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbs coconut butter
- Add macadamia nuts to a food processor and process until they become meal texture, but stop before they start to get creamy like a nut butter.
- Now add in rest of ingredients and pulse until all ingredients are mixed. Some of the chocolate chips will probably still be whole, but that is okay.
- Now divide mixture into 6 and form each into balls. You can make them smaller if you wish.
You can stop right now…or you can top with melted chocolate and coconut.
- Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, plus 1/2 tsp coconut oil in a double boiler. I actually have a glass boil that fits on top of my tea kettle that works perfectly.
- Top cookies with melted chocolate and then top with a small amount of shredded coconut.