My husband was out of town this weekend, so what does that mean for me…Paleofied Breakfast Foods containing EGGS! I know I am evil, but I have tried and failed to make paleo pancakes without eggs and almonds. I am sure I will get it eventually, but for now I can only enjoy these babies alone.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw cream (coconut milk or raw milk would work fine as well)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1 tbs honey for sauce (or you can use blueberry jam)
- Whisk together eggs, cream, coconut flour, vanilla, honey, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Heat a non stick skillet with coconut oil on medium heat.
- Pour in batter to hot skillet at the desired pancake size
- These pancakes will not bubble up like traditional flour pancakes to let you know they are done, so after a minute or two, check the bottom to see if it has started to brown. Flip when a nice brown color has formed.
- To make the blueberry sauce, add frozen blueberries and honey to a small pot. Once blueberries become warm, smash them with a wooden spoon against the side of the pot. Stir mixture often and let reduce until thick.
- Plate pancakes and enjoy!