In honor of Cinco De Mayo today, I whipped up some guacamole with a refreshing spin. Hope you all enjoy!
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (I bought mine at Trader Joe’s, no need to mess with seeding a pomegranate yourself)
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno (I removed ribs and seeds since I didn’t want this recipe to be spicy, but more refreshing)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion (I like to run the cut up onion under the water facet to remove some of the strong onion flavor)
- handful cilantro chopped (comes out to about 1/4 cup)
- sea salt to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp)
- Remove flesh from avocado and mash with a fork
- Add lime juice, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, and salt to avocado and mix
- Fold in pomegranate seeds to avocado mixture
- Garnish with extra pomegranate seeds and cilantro if so desired
I served mine with some steak fajitas, yum!